We’ve finally agreed on a venue and, so, the Chicago Ubuntu LoCo (“Local Community”) will be meeting for the Ubuntu Global Jam this Sunday, October 4th at the Schaumburg Library from Noon until 9 pm CDT in the Rassmussen South room. For those of you who are unaware of the purpose of the Global Jam, details from theUbuntu Wiki:
The Ubuntu Global Jam is an incredible opportunity for the Ubuntu community to unite together around the weekend of 2nd – 4th Oct 2009 to work together to improve Ubuntu. Everyone is able to contribute to the Jam, and everyone is welcome and encouraged to get involved. Curious about how to make a real difference to Ubuntu? This is a great chance to make that difference.
The Ubuntu Global Jam incorporates events that have been organized over the world to get Ubuntu contributors and fans together to have a great time and improve Ubuntu. Each event has one or more of our four themes:
* Bugs – finding, triaging and fixing bugs.
* Testing – testing the new release and reporting your feedback.
* Documentation – writing documentation about how to use Ubuntu and how to join the community.
* Translations – translating Ubuntu and helping to make it available in everyone’s local language.
* Packaging – work on Ubuntu packages and improve them
* Other – other types of contribution such as marketing, packaging, advocacy etc.
The Schaumburg Library is located on the southwest corner of Schaumburg and Roselle Roads.